Register now for Marble Falls summer day camp
Registration is open through May 26 for Backbone Adventure Camp, a summer day camp from the Marble Falls Parks and Recreation Department. It runs June 5-Aug. 11 at Lakeside Pavilion, 307 Buena Vista Drive, and includes field trips.
“Attending Backbone Adventure Camp is about socializing, building friendships, personal growth, learning and development, and most importantly, getting rid of screen time and getting exercise,” said Daulton Mobley, the city’s recreation manager, in a media release.
Children ages 5-12 can enjoy activities such as crafts, board games, sports, and more, all designed to fight summertime boredom. Kids will be able to cool off in the Lakeside Park swimming pool Tuesday-Friday each week, weather permitting.
Several field trips are also planned:
- June 5-9 — Longhorn Cavern State Park near Burnet
- June 12-16 — Exotic Resort Zoo in Johnson City
- June 19-23 — Play For All Park in Round Rock
- June 26-30 — Austin Aquarium
- July 3-7 — Typhoon Texas in Pflugerville
- July 10-14 — Dart’em Up in Austin
- July 17-21 — Science Mill in Johnson City
- July 24-28 — Putters & Gutters in Marble Falls
- July 31-Aug. 4 — Urban Air Adventure Park in Bee Cave
- Aug. 7-11 — Gattitown Round Rock
Registration is $110 for residents and $130 for non-residents per week. Late registration is an additional $10.
Daily drop-off for campers begins at 7:30 a.m. Parents are expected to pick up their kids by 5:30 p.m. each day.
To register, visit the Marble Falls Parks and Recreation Department website. For more information, call 830-798-6250.