EDITOR’S NOTE: Please make an appointment by contacting the numbers or email addresses in this story. Appointments CANNOT be made by leaving comments at the end of the story. DailyTrib.com is not affiliated with AARP Foundation Tax Aide.
AARP is offering free tax assistance in the Highland Lakes from March 1 through Tax Day, April 15.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide helps low- to moderate-income residents prepare and file their federal income tax returns. It’s geared toward ages 50 and older, but there is no age requirement to use the free service.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide service will be offered:
- Mondays at the Reed Building, 402 E. Jackson St. in Burnet
- Tuesdays at the Boys & Girls Club of the Highland Lakes-Marble Falls unit, 1701 Broadway
- Thursdays at Trinity Episcopal Church, 909 Avenue D in Marble Falls
The service is by appointment only. For an appointment or information in Marble Falls, email AARPTaxMarbleFalls@gmail.com or call 512-666-0320. In Burnet, email AARPTaxBurnet@gmail.com or call 512-967-3405.
Absolutely no walk-ins are allowed this year. Taxpayers should arrive with all of their required documentation no more than 10 minutes early.
Some of the documents people will need for the assistance include:
- Previous year’s tax returns
- Social Security card
- Other items with the taxpayer ID numbers of every individual on the return
- W-2 form
- Checking an/or savings account information if the filer chooses direct deposit for the refund
- 1095-A forms if you purchased insurance through the marketplace
For a packet (including document checklist) to prepare for the preparation, visit the Reed Building or the Boys & Girls Club-Marble Falls unit.