With everything from blues to country to rock to swing, music venues in the Highland Lakes feature live musicians almost every night of the week. It doesn’t have to be New Year’s Eve to go out and have a good time in the Highland Lakes!
• On the Rocks, 4401 Cottonwood Drive — Offers live music most Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at the restaurant, along with beautiful views of Wirtz Dam. Call (830) 637-7417 or visit www.diningontherocks.com.
• LanTex Theater, 113 W. Main on the Courthouse Square — This historic theater is home to the Llano Country Opry, featuring many country greats. The venue also shows movies on many Fridays and Saturdays.
Tickets for opry shows are available at the Llano Chamber of Commerce, (325) 247-5354; Llano National Bank, (325) 247-5701; Kingsland Chamber of Commerce, (325) 388-6211; and KNEL-AM 1490 or FM 95.3 in Brady, (325) 597-1895, or at the window before shows. Visit www.heartoftexascountry.com for more info and show dates.
• AJ’s Alehouse, 909 Third St. — Features karaoke and a live piano player different nights of the week on Historic Main Street. For more, call (830) 693-6699 or visit www.ajsalehouse.com.
• River City Grille, 700 First St. — This lakeside restaurant is a popular home for TexAmericana music. Performances at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays include singer/songwriters Mike Blakely, Larry Nye and Jeff “Wild Horse” Posey, along with special guests. Acoustic night with local favorite john Arthur martinez is 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Martinez was a finalist on the national television show “Nashville Star.” Call (830) 798-9909 or visit rivercitygrilletx.com.
• Doc’s Ice Chest, inside Doc’s Fish Camp & Grill at 900 RR 1431 at U.S. 281 — Enjoy live music with no cover charge on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. For a schedule, visit www.docsfishcamp.com or call (830) 693-2245.
• The Odeon Theater on the Square, 122 S. Moody St. — House band members include Benny Fred Kothman, Sammy Geistweidt, Kelsey Behrens, Shane Lively, Justin Trevino and Ben Watson and Master of Ceremonies Tracy Pitcox. Tickets for shows are available at the door or by calling (325) 597-2119 for reservations. Call the Mason Chamber of Commerce at (325) 347-5758, visit www.heartoftexascountry.com or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional music listings, read The Picayune, which hits the streets every Wednesday. Or find it online at www.dailytrib.com. You can also sign up for daily news updates sent directly to your email account. Sign up here!