Hunting season is in full swing in the Highland Lakes, home to Llano, the “Deer Hunting Capital of the World.”
Need to know where to go? Check out the Texas Parks and Wildlife’s public hunting lands list on their website at www.tpwd.state.tx.us.
For help locating a lease (day or season) contact the local chambers of commerce, the county extension agents or the local hunting supply stories. Also check out the classified section of The Picayune or the Picayune Area-Wide Phonebook. You can find an online version here.
Need to know when? We have it all right here:
2012-2013 TEXAS HUNTING SEASONS
• Archery: Sept. 29-Nov. 2, 2012
• General: Nov. 3-Jan. 6, 2013
• Late Anterless and Spike: Jan. 7-20, 2013
• Special Youth-Only Season: Oct. 27-28, 2012, and Jan. 7-20, 2013
• Fall Open Season: Nov. 3, 2012-Jan. 6, 2013
• Archery Only: Sept. 29-Nov. 2, 2012
• Special Youth-Only Fall Season: Oct. 27-28, 2012, and Jan. 19-20, 2013
DOVE (CENTRAL ZONE)
• Sept. 1-Oct. 24, 2012, and Dec. 22, 2012-Jan. 6, 2013