STAFF WRITER JENNIFER FIERRO
Next up for the Yellow Jackets is a bi-district championship game against Hondo (6-4 overall, 4-1 District 14-4A Division) on Friday, Nov. 16. Kickoff is 7:30 p.m. at Alamo Stadium, 760 Stadium Drive in San Antonio.
The Yellow Jackets (6-4, 2-3 District 13-4A Division II) scored 35 points in the first quarter against the Eastside Memorial Panthers.
Llano head coach Matt Green noted his team played well, but Eastside Memorial never punted. Seven of the Jackets’ 10 possessions started inside the Panthers’ 10-yard line.
Because the Jackets led 42-0 at the half, Llano coaches substituted in junior varsity players during the second half.
“We executed well,” Green said. “(The Eastside Memorial) kids tried hard. They had a great attitude and played hard. We scored on ten of nineteen snaps. We played as well as we could.”
Of the eight touchdowns, six were on the ground.
For the Yellow Jackets:
• junior Donaven Arellano had 38 yards and a touchdown on two carries;
• senior quarterback Cade Fly had a score on one carry for 37 yards;
• senior running back Mason Brooks had a rushing touchdown of 25 yards on his only carry of the game;
• sophomore receiver Case Kuykendall had a 1-yard score;
• sophomore Jared Beasley ran for a 20-yard touchdown;
• and sophomore Luke Keller had a 1-yard touchdown
Fly also completed three of four passes for 40 yards and two touchdowns. One was to senior receiver Ethan Tisdale for 6 yards, while the other was to senior receiver Thomas Adams for 32 yards.