Here’s a quick look at business happenings in the area:
• Torr Na Lochs vineyard and winery is celebrating three years from 1-6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8, with live music by John Arthur Martinez and local food vendors. It is located at 7055 Texas 29 West in Burnet.
• Ultra-premium tea and water company HTeaO announced a new franchise is coming to Marble Falls. Susan and Lucas Garcia are the owners. The Marble Falls store will feature 22 flavors of tea and a tea-brewing station.
EVENTS AND MEETINGS
• The Burnet County Job Fair is 4-6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 30, at the Burnet Community Center, 401 E. Jackson St. It’s free to job seekers. Bring a résumè.
• Plumber apprentice training classes start Tuesday, Sept. 4, at Central Texas College in Marble Falls. The classes are free thanks to a grant. Call (830) 265-8024 for more information.
• A Small Business Saturday planning meeting is noon-1 p.m. Monday, Sept. 10, at Gatti’s Pizza, 135 RR 2900 in Kingsland. Those interested in setting up a booth or helping during the event, which is the Saturday after Thanksgiving, should make plans to attend. Visit the Kingsland Chamber of Commerce website for more.
• The Burnet Chamber of Commerce is accepting nominations for its Board of Directors. Eight nominees will be chosen by a committee for four positions. The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 3, at the chamber office, 101 N. Pierce St., Suite 1, or by email at email@example.com. Board members serve three-year terms.
• 1080 Physique Personal Training Services — noon Thursday, Aug. 30, at Burnet Chamber of Commerce, 101 N. Pierce St., Suite 1.
• Farmers Insurance-Castillo Insurance Agency — 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6, at 1803 E. Polk St., Suite 110, in Burnet.
The Business News Roundup runs weekly on DailyTrib.com. Send your business briefs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. Wednesday.