SUBSCRIBE NOW

Enjoy all your local news and sports for less than 6¢ per day.

Subscribe Now

FROM STAFF REPORTS

FAIRLAND — Three family pets died of smoke inhalation during a house fire Aug. 5 just off FM 1855 in Burnet County.

The fire was reported about 1:30 p.m in the 1100 block of Timber Ridge Drive, according to Marble Falls Fire Rescue officials.

“The son was there, discovered the fire and tried to put it out. He said he came out, and the fire was on the front porch,” said Marble Falls Fire Rescue Chief Johnny Caraway. “The fire grew. There was a lot of storage on the front porch. The fire got up into the attic.”

Officials reported no injuries; however, crews were unable to save dogs inside the home.

“There were three dogs in the house. The smoke got to them,” Caraway said.

Fire crews doused the fire in the single-story, log cabin-style home in about 10 minutes; however, they worked the scene for about two hours.

Marble Falls Area Volunteer Fire Department and Granite Shoals Fire Rescue also worked the fire.

The state fire marshal’s office is investigating.

editor@thepicayune.com