UPDATE: The Verus Strength and Fitness obstacle course scheduled for March 18 at Johnson Park has been canceled because of weather concerns.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
MARBLE FALLS —With a week off, Marble Falls area youth can kick back and do nothing or enjoy a week of fun thanks to the city of Marble Falls, its parks and recreation department and area businesses.
The Spring Break 2015 features a lineup of activities March 16-20 at different locations in Marble Falls. You can enjoy them all or just pick and chose a few. There’s even an photo contest with A GoPro 3 going to the winner.
The free events are open to students of all ages.
- Art in the Park — March 16 from 10 a.m.-noon at Johnson Park, 230 Ave. J South
- Get Up and Move dance workshop with Yet Praise Dance Co. — March 16 from 1-3 p.m. at Lakeside Pavilion, 307 Buena Vista Drive
- “You Can Make It, We Can Help” crafts workshop — March 17 from 10 a.m.-noon at The Home Depot, 1307 Mormon Mill Road
- Disc golf clinic — March 17 from 1-3 p.m. at Westside Park, located at Avenue Q and Second Street
- Verus Strength and Fitness obstacle course — March 18 from 10-11:30 a.m. at Johnson Park
- Movie Day (“Frozen”) — March 18 from noon-2 p.m. at Lakeside Pavilion
- Creepy Crawlers with the Singing Zoologist — March 19 from 10:30 a.m.-noon at Marble Falls Public Library, 101 Main St.
- 3-on-3 co-ed basketball tournament — March 19 from 1-3 p.m. at Westside Park
- Ice cream social and volleyball game — March 20 from 1-3 p.m. at Johnson Park
The photo contest via Instagram is open to youth, but the only pictures allowed are those taken during Marble Falls Spring Break events. Participants must create a profile on the city’s website at www.marblefallstx.gov to qualify for the grand prize drawing. Participants must also follow the city of Marble Falls’ Instagram page: MarbleFalls_TX. All photos must contain #MFTXSB2015 to be considered for the grand prize drawing.
Go to the city’s website for a complete list of rules and more information on the photo contest and Spring Break 2015.
Another option during Spring Break is the Boys & Girls Club of the Highland Lakes — both the Marble Falls and Burnet units. Officials said the clubs will be open 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. during Spring Break. The Marble Falls unit is located at 1701 Broadway, and the Burnet unit is located at 709 Northington. Call (830) 798-2582 for the Marble Falls unit and (512) 756-1444 for the Burnet unit.