BURNET — The Highland Lakes Master Gardener Association is accepting applications for scholarships to area students.
The deadline is April 30, 2015.
Scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors from area high schools who plan to pursue an undergraduate degree or a technical certification in agriculture or horticulture sciences or local undergraduate students enrolled in horticultural or agricultural degree programs.
Each scholarship is $2,500. The number of scholarships awarded will be dependent on the availability of qualified applicants.
The criteria include:
- graduating high school seniors must have a primary residency in the Burnet Consolidated Independent School District or the Marble Falls Independent School District;
- students are attending or have been accepted to an accredited university, technical school or institution that offers horticultural- or agricultural-related degree/certification
- students have formally declared horticulture, agriculture or related fields as their course of study;
- students must exhibit academic achievement, activities and leadership in both school and the community;
- and students must be U.S. citizens.
Go to www.burnetcountyhighlandlakesmastergardener.org to download an application and for more information on the scholarship program.
Mail completed applications, a signed certification checklist and supporting documents to: Texas A&M Agrilife Extension (ATTN: HLMGA, Susan Hill), 1701 Polk Street, Suite 12, Burnet, TX 78611-2757.