BURNET — Highland Lakes residents can head to the polls Nov. 4 to have an impact on local and statewide elections.
While national attention is focused on mid-term elections, predominately the U.S. Senate, in Texas, this marks a new page in state leadership as the Lone Star State is destined to get a new governor. Since Gov. Rick Perry (R) isn’t running this time, Texans will decide among a few candidates with most people’s attention on the race between Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott (R) and State Sen. Wendy Davis (D).
But the ballot includes a bevy of races from U.S. senator down to city council (Horseshoe Bay) and even a $26.75 million school bond package (Burnet Consolidated Independent School District.)
In between, you’ll find most statewide offices such as attorney general and several state courts including the Texas Supreme Court.
Polls are open 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Nov. 4. Election Day locations are by voting precinct (which shouldn’t be confused with commissioner precinct.) You can find your voting precinct on the front of your voter registration card or go to the Texas Secretary of State’s website at www.sos.state.tx.us.
Burnet County polling locations are:
- Precinct 1 — First Lutheran Church, 133 Apollo Drive in Burnet
- Precinct 2 — Burnet County Courthouse, 220 S. Pierce in Burnet
- Precinct 3 — Grace United Methodist Church, 4007 Valley View Drive in Granite Shoals
- Precinct 4 — Spicewood Community Center, 7901 CR 404 in Spicewood
- Precinct 5 — Silver Creek Fire Hall & Community Center, 101 CR 128 in Silver Creek
- Precinct 6 — Smithwick Community Center, 10800 RR 1431 East in Spicewood
- Precinct 7 — Cassie Subdivision Community Center, 3920 FM 690 in Burnet
- Precinct 8 — Hoover Valley Volunteer Fire Department, 303 Sherwood Drive in Hoover’s Valley
- Precinct 9 — Highland Haven Community Center, 118 Blackbird Drive in Highland Haven
- Precinct 10 — Iglesia Bautista Emanuel Hall, 4000 FM 243 West in Bertram
- Precinct 11 — Naruna Church building, 9170 FM 1478 in Naruna
- Precinct 12 — Bertram Library, 170 N. Gabriel St. in Bertram
- Precinct 13 — Ambassadors for Christ Church, 4030 Texas 29 East in Bertram
- Precinct 14 — Lake Victor Community Center, 200 Lake Ave. in Lake Victor
- Precinct 15 — Briggs Community Center, 215 Loop 308 in Briggs
- Precinct 16 — Oakalla Community Center & Public Library, 29011 FM 963 in Oakalla
- Precinct 17 — Burnet County North Annex, 1701 E. Polk (Texas 29) in Burnet
- Precinct 18 — Granite Shoals Fire Department, 8410 RR 1431 in Granite Shoals
- Precinct 19 — Burnet County South Annex, 810 Steve Hawkins Pkwy. in Marble Falls
- Precinct 20 — Church of Christ, 711 Broadway in Marble Falls
Llano County polling locations are:
- Precinct 101 — Llano Ag & Health Building, 1447 Texas 71 East in Llano
- Precinct 102 — Blue Lake Community Center, 214 W. Bluebonnet Drive in Blue Lake
- Precinct 108 — Sunrise Beach City Hall Civic Center, 124 Sunrise Drive in Sunrise Beach
- Precinct 109 — Horseshoe Bay city office, #1 Community Drive in Horseshoe Bay
- Precinct 203 — East Llano County Annex, 8347 RR 1431 in Buchanan Dam (south of Fuzzy’s Corner)
- Precinct 204 — Lakeshore Library, 7346 RR 261 in Buchanan Dam
- Precinct 205 — First Baptist Church, 16521 RR 2241 in Tow
- Precinct 307 — Kingsland Branch Library, 125 W. Polk in Kingsland
- Precinct 410 — Llano County Library, 102 E. Haynie in Llano
Voters need to bring an approved photo identification with them to the polls. The approved forms include a Texas Department of Public Safety-issued driver’s license, a DPS-issued Texas Election Identification Certificate, a DPS-issued Texas personal identification card, a DPS-issued Texas concealed handgun license, a U.S. military identification containing the holder’s photograph, a U.S. citizen certificate containing the holder’s photograph, or a U.S. passport.
Llano County residents with voting questions should contact the elections office at (325) 247-5425. Burnet County residents should contact the elections administrator at (512) 715-5288.
Go to the secretary of state’s website at the previous listed address for more information.