FROM STAFF REPORTS
HORSESHOE BAY — If you want to enjoy an old-fashioned July 4, check out Horseshoe Bay.
In fact, the community’s Independence Day festivities are called “An Old-Fashioned Fourth of July.”
The rundown of July 4 activities include:
- 7:30 a.m. — balloons available at Horseshoe Bay Fire Rescue, #1 Community Drive
- 9 a.m. — assemble for land parade at 15th Green Drive and Hi Circle South; children in wagons or on bikes should assemble at Horseshoe Bay Boulevard and Harbor Light
- 9:30 a.m. — land parade goes down Clayton Nolen to Horseshoe Bay Boulevard to Hi Circle North past Resort Tower Hotel to Red Sail before ending at Quail Point
- 9:30 a.m. — boat parade participants assemble at Jonathan Cove
- 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. — food and kids’ activities at Quail Point, 107 Twilight
- 10 a.m. — boats leave for Quail Point
- 10:15 a.m. — pie-baking contest
- 10:45 a.m. — boat parade passes Quail Point
- 11:30 a.m. — patriotic program at Quail Point including patriotic songs, Wildflower Dance Troupe, barbershop quartet and honoring of past property owners association presidents
- 9:30 p.m. — fireworks at Horseshoe Bay Yacht Club.