FROM STAFF REPORTS
KINGSLAND — Each year on July 4, people from across the Highland Lakes and beyond descend upon the Lake LBJ lakeside community of Kingsland. And for good reasons.
Kingsland knows how to throw a great birthday party for the United States of America. And everybody’s invited to Aqua Boom.
If you’re looking for a way to celebrate the Fourth of July, head over to Kingsland starting at 3 p.m. July 3 for the Kingsland Fried Chicken Dinner and hang out until 11 p.m. July 5, when the River Rat Revue Band plays the last song of the night.
In between, you’ll enjoy a patriotic concert, a kid’s parade, a land parade, a Wacky Raft Race, a rubber ducky race, a steak cook-off, a ski show, a golf tournament and, well, you get the idea.
There’s time in between to catch your breath, so pace yourself. You don’t want to get so tired July 4 that you can’t make the most spectacular fireworks show around do you?
So, if you’re looking for a way to enjoy Independence Day, get to Aqua Boom.
2014 Aqua Boom schedule
- 3-6 p.m. — Kingsland Fried Chicken Dinner at First Baptist Church of Kingsland
- 6:30 p.m. — patriotic concert at First Baptist Church of Kingsland
- 8-11 p.m. — street dance in Prosperity Bank parking lot
- 8:15 a.m/9 a.m. — kids parade registration/kids parade at RR 1431 and RR 2900
- 7 a.m./10 a.m. — land parade registration/land parade with lineup at Packsaddle Elementary School
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m. — arts-and-craft show in Prosperity Bank parking lot
- 6 p.m. — steak cook-off at Kingsland Community Center
Activities at 2900 bridge
- 4-10 p.m. — food vendors
- 4 p.m. — Wacky Raft Race and Sea-Doo/rubber ducky ticket sales
- 5 p.m. — rubber ducky race
- 6 p.m. — boat parade
- 7 p.m. — Malibu Boats ski show
- 7:30-9 p.m. — Brooks Crossing Band
- 9:15 p.m. — Sea-Doo prize drawing
- Dark — fireworks
- 8:30 a.m. — golf tournament at Lighthouse Country Club
- 9 a.m.-2 p.m. — Flights of Fancy at Hank Nielson Model Aircraft Field on RR 2545
- 9:30 a.m. — washer-pitching tournament at Kingsland Community Park
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m. — arts-and-crafts show in Prosperity Bank parking lot
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. — Lake Area Rods & Classic Car Club car show at Security State Bank
- 10 a.m.-3 p.m. — poker run on the lake starting at Kingsland Community Park
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m. — barbecue and chili cook-offs at Kingsland Community Center
- 8-11 p.m. — street dance featuring River Rat Revue Band in American Bank of Texas parking lot
Go to www.kingslandchamber.org for more information.