Marble Falls, Burnet, Kingsland, Llano, Spicewood, Horseshoe Bay, and ALL of the Highland Lakes
ANNOUNCEMENT: Starting on December 1st, the DailyTrib.com subscription rates will change. The new renewal rate will be $20 for the yearly membership and $4 for the monthly membership. If you currently have a membership, you will be charged the new rate upon renewal.
BURNET — Voters have another round in the Democratic and Republican party primaries with the run-off elections May 27.
On the Democratic ticket, the two run-off races are for statewide elections. David M. Alameel and Kesha Rogers are vying for the party’s nomination for U.S. senator. And Richard “Kinky” Friedman and Jim Hogan are squaring off for the Texas commissioner of agriculture nomination.
Voters in the Republican party run-offs have decisions both at the state and local levels.
At the state level, Republican party run-offs include David Dewhurst and Dan Patrick in the lieutenant governor race; Dan Branch and Ken Paxton in the attorney general race; Tommy Merrit and Sid Miller in the Texas commissioner of agriculture race; and Ryan Sitton and Wayne Christian in the Texas railroad commissioner race.
Burnet County voters also have a choice between James Oakley and George Russell for the Burnet County judge nomination.
In Llano County, voters are picking between Andrew S. Murr and Rob Henneke for the Republican nomination for District 53 state representative.
There’s also a run-off for Llano County Precinct 2 justice of the peace between Steve Lange and Linda Ballard and a run-off for Llano County Precinct 1 justice of the peace between Lyn Jenkins and Beatrice “Bebe” Piatt.
Polling locations are open 7 a.m.-7 p.m. May 27.
The Burnet County polling locations are:
• First Lutheran Church, 133 Apollo Drive in Burnet for voting precincts 1, 5, 7, 8 and 11
• Highland Haven Community Center, 118 Blackbird Drive in Highland Haven for voting precinct 9
• Burnet County Courthouse, 220 S. Pierce St. in Burnet for voting precincts 2, 14 and 17
• Church of Christ, 711 Broadway in Marble Falls for voting precincts 6 and 20
• Joanne Cole Mitte Memorial Library, 170 N. Gabriel St. in Bertram for voting precincts 10, 12, 13, 15 and 16
• Burnet County South Annex, 810 Steve Hawkins Pkwy. in Marble Falls for voting precincts 3, 4, 18 and 19
The Llano County polling locations are:
• Llano County Library, 102 E. Haynie in Llano for voting precincts 101 and 420
• Kingsland Branch Library, 125 W. Polk in Kingsland for voting precincts 108, 203 and 307
• Lakeshore Branch Library, 7346 RR 261 in Buchanan Dam for voting precincts 204 and 205
• Horseshoe Bay City Hall, #1 Community Drive in Horseshoe Bay for voting precincts 102 and 109
Go to www.co.llano.tx.us or www.burnetcountytexas.org for more information on the elections. email@example.com