You’ve dreamed of hitting the open road in your own recreational vehicle, so why not come to the Highland Lakes? We’d love for you to stop by and sit a spell, whether for a weekend, a week or two or even several months.
Here’s a list of facilities where you can park your home away from home, even if it’s for just a little while. And if you don’t have an RV, many have cottages for rent as well.
Flip through our spring/summer 2014 edition of 101 Fun Things to do in the Highland Lakes online or pick up a free copy on newsstands and at your favorite local business.
• Beachcomber Park, 8138 RR 261, Buchanan Dam — Features boat ramps, fish-cleaning station, laundry room and a small bathroom with showers. Also, 50 back-in RV sites, 10 pull-through sites, boat slips and docks in a protected cove. Go to www.lakebuchananrv.com or call (800) 379-3083.
• Big Chief RV Resort, 1420 FM 690 in Burnet — Offers nearly 100 RV sites on the shores of Lake Buchanan. You’ll also find a custom swimming pool, a clean clubhouse with a full kitchen, a covered pavilion and free Wi-Fi. And it has several wonderful cabins. Go to www.bigchiefrvresort.com or call (512) 793-4746.
• Blanco Settlement Country Cabins and RV Park, 1705 RR 165 in Blanco — This family-owned 10-acre facility on the Blanco River has riverfront views from each of its 20 pull-through RV sites. It also has nine vintage-style cabins. Go to www.blancosettlement.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (830) 833-5115 ext. 0.
• Canyon of the Eagles Lodge & Nature Park, 16942 RR 2341 in Burnet — Includes the Eagle Eye observatory, a conference center, a restaurant and lodging as well as camping and RV facilities. Its 23 sites are only a short walk from a incredible restaurant in a rustic setting. Go to www.canyonoftheeagles.com or call (800) 977-0081 or (512) 334-2070.
• Cedar Lodge Waterfront Resort, 1400 Texas 261 in Buchanan Dam — Four-way RV sites, two-way pop-up sites and cabins on or near Lake Buchanan waterfront. On-site laundry facilities, wireless Internet, party room/meeting facility and pavilion with room for 60 or more people. Go to www.cedarlodge.info or call (512) 793-2820.
• Coldwater Creek RV Park, 11700 RR 1431 in Smithwick about 11 miles east of Marble Falls — This park features a unique RV experience with 13 slips on 10 acres. Nearby, you’ll find plenty of places and activities, including Lake Travis, Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge, Hidden Falls Adventure Park and more. Coldwater Creek offers laundry, showers, exercise equipment, a fully-equipped kitchen, Wi-Fi, a garden, walking trails and 100 fruit trees. Go to www.coldwatercreekrvpark.com or call (512) 789-8992.
• Edgewater Resort, 224 S. Winding Way in Buchanan Dam — Features 37 RV sites, a recreation room, a lighted fishing pier and lots of amenities. Includes a boat launch. Also has cabins available. Go to www.the-edgewater.com, email email@example.com or call (512) 793-2818.
• Granite Rock RV Park, 1015 Davis St. in Kingsland — Seven of this park’s eight granite-gravel RV sites are pull-through. Each site has an 8-foot-by-16-foot patio. Near a city park with 20/30/50 amp services, sewer and city water. Go to www.graniterockrvpark.com or call (325) 388-8900.
• Heart of Texas Lake Resort, 408 Clen Oak Parkway in Burnet — Along with 23 RV sites, Heart of Texas has rental units, cabins, condos, a lakehouse, miniature golf and a lodge. Also a lighted, covered fishing dock, wireless Internet and giant pecan trees. Go to www.heartoftexaslakeresort.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (512) 756-7766.
• Hidden Falls Adventure Park, 7030 RR 1431 East in Smithwick — Primitive tent and RV sites at Area B (no electric, water or sewer services), improved sites for tents and pop-ups with 120-volt, 20-amp electricity as well as RV sites with electric, water and sewer hook-ups. Water is for washing and bathing only. RV sites have 30-amp and 50-amp electric service, water and sewer. Go to www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com or call (830) 798-9820.
• Hofbrau RV Park, 102 Alpine Drive on U.S. 281 seven miles south of Marble Falls — Full-service RV park with 25 sites, 20/30/50-amp connections and laundry facilities. The RV sites are up to 20 feet wide and 75 feet long. Go to www.hofbrau-rvpark.com or call (830) 596-2073.
• Inks Lake State Park, 3630 Park Road 4 West near Burnet and six miles west of U.S. 281 — This is a big one with 137 RV spaces and 50 water-only sites for tents. Wireless Internet is available. Reservations are required. Go to www.tpwd.state.tx.us or call (512) 793-2223. For reservations, call (512) 389-8900. Be warned: During spring and summer, this place fills up quickly.
• Inks Lake RV Park, 6161 Texas 29 West in Burnet — Can accommodate double slide-outs, pull-throughs and big rigs. Hook-ups include water and sewer along with 30/50/80-amp electric service. Includes a recreation room with satellite TV. Go to www.inkslakervpark.com or call (512) 756-0101.
• Krause Springs, 404 Krause Springs Road in Spicewood off Texas 71 — Boasts 32 freshwater springs along with a swimming hole. The 24 RV sites have water and electricity. Includes a butterfly garden. Take Spur 191 south and then turn right on CR 404. The gates are on the left-hand side. Go to www.krausesprings.net or call (830) 693-4181.
• Llanorado Lodge, 223 RR 1431 in Kingsland — The Llanorado RV sites have four-way hookups and 30/50-amp service with boat slips and several air-conditioned cabins with cable TV. Go to www.highlandlakes.com/llanorado or call (325) 388-4823.
• Llano River Golf Course and RV Park, located two miles west of Llano on FM 152 next to Robinson Park — The 25 RV sites are within walking distance of the golfing, swimming and fishing. Go to www.cityofllano.com or call (325) 247-4158 ext. 202.
• Miller Creek RV Resort, 5618 U.S. 281 five miles south of Johnson City — Features 32 big pull-throughs and 22 back-ins with water, septic and 30/50 amp. Phone and wireless Internet available. Also, catch-and-release fishing, a spa, a dry sauna and log cabins. Go to www.millercreekrvresort.com, email at email@example.com or call (877) 868-2622.
• Pedernales Falls State Park, 2585 Park Road 6026 in Johnson City — With the Pedernales River and falls as a backdrop, this park offers 69 sites with 30-amp and water hook-ups. Go to www.tpwd.state.tx.us or call (830) 868-7304.
• Poppy’s Pointe Resort, 400 Emerald Circle in Buchanan Dam — The 59 RV sites accommodate rigs of all sizes. Includes a playscape, disc golf, giant chess and kayaks. Go to www.poppyspointe.net or call (512) 793-3922.
• Rio Vista Resort, 234 Rio Vista Drive in Kingsland — The 41 RV sites join lakehouses, villas and cottages. Also, a recreation room with a full kitchen, laundry facilities and restrooms with showers. Go to www.rio-vista-resort.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (325) 388-6331 or (800) 846-1864.
• Riverview RV Park, 200 Old River Road in Marble Falls — Located on Lake Marble Falls at the U.S. 281 bridge, it has 49 paved level sites with 20 pull-through sites. Includes water, sewer and electric hook-ups, five boat docks and piers with 650 feet of waterfront. Call (830) 693-3910.
• Roadrunner RV Park, 501 U.S. 281 South in Johnson City — Has 44 pull-through sites and 18 back-in sites as well as a club, a meeting room and free wireless Internet. Go to www.roadrunnerrvparktexas.com, email email@example.com or call (830) 868-7449.
• Shady Oaks RV Park, 350 Inks Dam Road in Buchanan Dam — Two lighted fishing docks, 57 riverside hook-ups on 23 acres with 1,700 feet of waterfront below Inks Dam on the Colorado River. Go to www.shadyoaks-rvpark.com or call (512) 793-2718.
• Sunset Point on Lake LBJ, 2322 N. Wirtz Dam Road in Marble Falls — A lakefront RV resort on Lake LBJ with 60 RV sites. All three-way FHU with 30/50 amp service, including five premier motor coach sites. It’s big rig friendly and offers 16 covered boat slips and a boat launch. Gated entry, store, laundry, free wireless Internet and cable TV. New in 2014 is a cabin with full kitchen and bathroom. Sleeps six and has a 16-foot-by-16-foot deck overlooking Lake BJ. Go to www.sunsetpointlbj.com or call (830) 798-8199.
• YMCA of the Highland Lakes at Galloway-Hammond, 1601 S. Water St. (U.S. 281) in Burnet — You’ll find several RV spots at this facility, located just south of downtown Burnet. Includes a laundry room, electric, water and sewer hook-ups and cable television. The park is adjacent to hiking trails and Delaware Springs Municipal Golf Course. Go to www.ymcagwc.org or call (512) 756-6180.