Categorized | Meadowlakes, News By Town

Crews contain Meadowlakes house fire; no injuries reported

DANIEL CLIFTON • PICAYUNE EDITOR

MEADOWLAKES — A fireplace apparently caused a blaze at a Meadowlakes residence Feb. 2 that damaged a portion of the home, officials said.

Marble Falls Area Volunteer Fire Department crews, along with several other agencies, responded to a report of a house fire in the 300 block of Stewart Street at approximately 7:49 p.m. When crew arrived they found the fire located in the corner of the living room and adjacent master bedroom.

“The fire started in the fireplace which is in a corner of the living room which backs up to the master bedrooms,” said MFAVFD Chief Michael Phillips. “The people were home and reported it. They said they shut off the fire but noticed it was still burning.”

The occupants were able to get out safely, he said.

The fire climbed the wall of the living room and eventually entered the attic space, but fire crews were able to quickly contain the fire before it spread to other portions of the home.

“We call this type a room and contents fire because it was contained to one particular section of the house,” Phillips said.

Despite temperatures hovering in the low 30s, Phillips said the weather didn’t play much of a factor in how they fought the blaze. The biggest challenge, he said, was the pitch of the roof when firefighters had to climb it in order to cut a hole through to vent the smoke.

Even smoke damage was minimal and didn’t appear to impact the majority of the home, Phillips noted.

Crews from MFAVD, Marble Falls Fire Rescue, Granite Shoals Fire Department, Horseshoe Bay Fire Department and Marble Falls Area EMS responded to the call.

Phillips said they remained on scene for approximately three hours.

editor@thepicayune.com

Comments are closed.

Sign Up For Our Newsletter