Jet ski or boat rentals can get you and your family on the Highland Lakes. Be sure to call ahead to check on availability. Also, check the local listings in the Picayune Area Wide Phone Book for rentals.
Here are a few to get you started:
• Painted Sky Inn, 1400 CR 128 in Burnet, is a newly modernized Highland Lakes getaway located on the eastern shore of Lake Buchanan. It offers non-motorized watercraft rentals including stand-up paddleboards, fishing and recreational kayaks, canoes and accessories. Paddleboarding and windsurfing classes are offered by appointment. Call (512) 715-9896 or visit www.paintedskyinn.com.
• Thunderbird Resort, 200 Greenwood Hills Trail in Burnet, is family-owned and -operated and has numerous watercraft available for rent including pontoons and deck boats. Call (512) 756-4878 or go to www.thunderbirdvacation.com.
• El Rio Boat Rentals, 14757 RR 1431 in Kingsland, offers several styles of watercraft for rent including Sea-Doos, pontoon boats and a 20-foot ski boat. There’s also gas by the dock as well as a nearby convenience store for all your needs. Call (325) 388-3376 or (512) 755-1118.
• Lake LBJ Yacht Club and Marina, 200 S. Wirtz Dam Road in Horseshoe Bay, is a one-stop shop for Highland Lakes fun. It offers dining at the Granite Beach Grill and rental cottages. But you also can rent several styles of watercraft. Call (830) 693-9172 or visit www.lakelbjmarina.com.
• Log Country Cove, 617 Log Country Cove in Burnet, makes for a great getaway with its log cabins. But if you’re also looking for some boating fun, Log Country Cove offers several styles of watercraft from ski and wakeboard boats to pontoons. They also have personal watercraft, canoes and pedal boats. Call (512) 756-9132 or visit www.logcountrycove.com.
• Lake LBJ Resort & Marina, 667 Sandy Mountain Drive in Sunrise Beach, is located near the mouth of Sandy Creek on Lake LBJ and is a great place for a lakeside adventure. It also offers several boats and personal watercraft to rent including pontoon boats, runabouts, personal watercraft and ski boats. You can even rent tubes, water skis and wakeboards. Call (325) 388-9393 or visit www.lakelbjfun.com.
• Splash Boat Rentals, 1924 RR 1431 in Kingsland, lives up to its name with a full line of watercraft for rent. You can select from personal watercraft, ski boats and pontoon boats. The Bayliner and Larson boats include wakeboard towers. Though it’s located in Kingsland, the Splash staff will deliver and launch on lakes LBJ, Buchanan, Inks and Marble Falls. Call (325) 388-5000 or visit www.splashboatrentals.com.