Fire crews respond to two Marble Falls blazes

MARBLE FALLS — Firefighters extinguished a fire in a second-floor bedroom of a Marble Falls home Jan. 2.

Marble Falls Fire Rescue Chief Johnny Caraway said the fire on East Wildflower Boulevard was believed to have started from a child playing with a lighter in a bedroom.

The fire, which started just before 5 p.m., caused extensive fire damage to the bedroom.

“For the majority of the structure, there was little to no damage,” Caraway said. “Maybe some smoke and water (damage), but the fire was contained to the bedroom and part of the attic.”

Firefighters stopped an upstairs fire at a Marble Falls home before flames spread to other parts of the house just before 5 p.m.Jan. 2. Marble Falls Fire Rescue Chief Johnny Caraway said the fire on East Wildflower Boulevard was believed to have started from a child playing with a lighter in a bedroom. No injuries were reported from the fire. Staff photo by Jared Fields

No injuries were reported from the fire, and no other structures were damaged.

Along with Marble Falls Fire Rescue, other responding units were from Granite Shoals Fire Department and Horseshoe Bay Fire Rescue.

It was the second fire that Marble Falls Fire Rescue responded that day. About 9 a.m., crews went to a residence in the 100 block of South Avenue H after a person reported smoke in the home.

Caraway said crews found smoke coming from a portion of the residence.

Firefighters contained the small blaze to a portion of the home above the kitchen and limited its damage, the chief said.

The fire might have been started by a overloaded or short-circuited electrical wiring, he said.

Nobody was injured in the Avenue H fire.

editor@thepicayune.com

Leave a Reply

 

Sign Up For Our Newsletter