Support Community Press

You can show your support of a vibrant and healthy free press by becoming a voluntary subscriber.

Subscribe Now

Electrical short sparks fire in Cassie

BUCHANAN DAM — Faulty wiring in a kitchen lighting fixture led to a brief fire that consumed part of the ceiling in a Willows subdivision home off CR 141, officials  have determined.

Cassie Volunteer Fire Department Capt. Bill Pennington gave an update Friday and said the March 14 blaze started in the attic of a one-story house being remodeled by its owners.