Dryer could be cause of Los Escondidos house fire; occupants safe

Occupants of a house on Los Escondidos got out safely, but a fire destroyed the contents of the home and took surrounding agencies several hours to contain.

Occupants of a house on Los Escondidos got out safely, but a fire destroyed the contents of the home and took surrounding agencies several hours to contain.

FROM STAFF REPORTS

MARBLE FALLS — Authorities believe a dryer could be to blame for a fire on June 14 that destroyed a home on Los Escondidos and required several agencies to contain it.

The fire happened about 4:30 p.m. that day in the 1400 block of Los Escondidos.

The occupants made it out of the home safely.

“There’s a couple things that we’re looking into. One was electrical. The other is a possible malfunction of the dryer,” Marble Falls Fire Marshal Johnny Caraway said. “We haven’t done a complete investigation yet.”

Several agencies from Blanco and Travis counties as well as surrounding Burnet County fire departments responded to the scene.

Occupants of a house on Los Escondidos got out safely, but a fire destroyed the contents of the home and took surrounding agencies several hours to contain.
Occupants of a house on Los Escondidos got out safely, but a fire destroyed the contents of the home and took surrounding agencies several hours to contain.

“They arrived on scene to find a fire inside the laundry room and main hallway of the home,” he said. “They were able to get the fire out fairly quickly; however, the fire got into the attic space, started burning the attic.”

Crews eventually got the fire under control about midnight.

However, an apparent attic flare-up prompted firefighters to go out to the house the next day to douse hot spots.

The family has moved into a second property as they assess the damage.

editor@thepicayune.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *