Marble Falls, Burnet, Kingsland, Llano, Spicewood, Horseshoe Bay, and ALL of the Highland Lakes
ANNOUNCEMENT: Starting on December 1st, the DailyTrib.com subscription rates will change. The new renewal rate will be $20 for the yearly membership and $4 for the monthly membership. If you currently have a membership, you will be charged the new rate upon renewal.
Home » Community » Class is out, but school lunch (and sometimes breakfast) is still on
MARBLE FALLS — School is out, but the lunch bell will still be ringing.
To ensure Highland Lakes children receive a good lunch — and in some cases, breakfast — local school districts are providing free summer meals to youth ages 18 and younger starting June 1.
In Marble Falls, there are two locations for kids to get breakfast and lunch:
• Marble Falls Elementary School, 1909 Broadway in Marble Falls. The site is open Monday-Friday. Breakfast is served 8-8:30 a.m.; lunch is noon-12:30 p.m.
• Marble Falls Middle School, 1511 Pony Circle in Marble Falls. The site is open Monday-Thursday. Breakfast is served 8-8:30 a.m.; lunch is noon-12:30 p.m.
The Marble Falls Independent School District Food Service Department is continuing its innovative Mustang Summer Lunch and Book Bus in Granite Shoals this summer. Food service staff has outfitted a bus to take hot lunches to students who live in Granite Shoals.
The buses also will have books for the students to take home and read.
The Mustang Summer Lunch and Book Bus will make three stops Monday-Friday in Granite Shoals for lunch.
Those locations and times are:
• Bus Stop No. 1, Valley View Park, 1531 Kingshigh Drive in Granite Shoals, 11-11:25 a.m.
• Bus Stop No. 2, Rocky Top Store (parking lot), 6924 RR 1431, 11:30-11:55 a.m.
• Bus Stop No. 3, Granite Shoals Community Center, 102 E. Greencastle Drive, noon-12:25 a.m.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In Burnet, Burnet Consolidated Independent School District is offering breakfast 7:40-8 a.m. and lunch 11:30 a.m.-noon Monday-Friday at R.J. Richey Elementary School, 500 E. Graves.
Adults may purchase a lunch for $3.50.
Two other sites in Burnet are:
• The Boys & Girls Club of the Highland Lakes-Burnet unit, 704 Northington. The site is serving breakfast 7:30-9 a.m. Monday-Friday and dinner 4-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
• The YMCA of the Highland Lakes at Galloway-Hammond, 1601 S. Water St. (U.S. 281). The site is serving lunch noon-1 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Email email@example.com for more information.
Go to summerfood.org or squaremeals.org for more information on the summer meal programs and more locations.