Enjoy all your local news and sports for less than 5¢ per day.

Subscribe Now


GRANITE SHOALS — A woman was able to get out of her home after a fire erupted, but a family member said her dog likely died in the blaze.

Granite Shoals and Marble Falls fire units responded to a fire about noon Jan. 28 at a residence in the 2500 block of Washington Street in Granite Shoals. The blaze destroyed a manufactured home and an attached shop as well as spread to a nearby residence.

The woman’s brother said she noticed a fire in the ceiling of her house and was able to get out. But he said they fear her dog died in the house.

The brother said, along with the residence, the blaze burned an attached shop building.

Crews from Granite Shoals Fire Department, Marble Falls Fire Rescue, Marble Falls Area Volunteer Fire Department and Marble Falls Area EMS responded to the blaze.

The brother said his sister lost everything in the fire and didn’t have a place to stay.

Marble Falls Area EMS officials said Red Cross was notified and would try to assist the woman.

People interested in helping can go to to find out how.