September Picayune and Fall Sports Preview out now
The September issue of The Picayune Magazine contains an extra-special surprise: The 2022 Falls Sports Preview is inserted inside!
You’ll find all you need to know to follow your favorite Highland Lakes teams in football, volleyball, cross country, tennis, and golf through the fall seasons. The schedules, teams, and expectations for the coming year are all there.
The Fall Sports Preview also takes a special look at three players for the state championship football team from Smoking for Jesus.
In The Picayune Magazine, you’ll find stories about dove hunting, doves, and Hunger Awareness Month. Our cover story highlights Joseph’s Food Pantry in Granite Shoals run by pastors Mary Lou and Roy Guerrero. We also have a story about the current struggles all of the area food pantries are facing and what you can do to help. We include a list of the types of food in short supply and where to go to either donate or pick up food.
That’s My Job features U.S. Marine recruiter Sgt. Keauntae January, who is one year into a three-year deployment in the Highland Lakes.
This month’s Picayune People is about Mario Gonzales, founder of the Marble Falls Triathlon and a medical miracle.
Of course, you’ll also see who was Out and About at the Iron Horse Obstacle Series and Meet the Bulldogs in Burnet and “Destry Rides Again” at the Hill Country Community Theatre in Cottonwood Shores.
And Where in the World is The Picayune, you wonder? Recently, copies went to Qatar, France, Baja California, Ireland, Idaho, Arkansas, and the Stanley Cup Finals in Colorado.
Don’t miss a word or a photo. If a copy didn’t show up in your mailbox, grab one at a nearby newsstand, restaurant, or business. They’re free wherever you find them! Here’s the list of where we dropped off the latest issues, but they won’t last long, so hurry.
WHERE TO FIND THE PICAYUNE
If you didn’t get The Picayune Magazine in your mailbox, you can always find one at a Highland Lakes business. Thanks, Highland Lakes for your support of The Picayune Magazine. Still free after all these years!
HORSESHOE BAY/COTTONWOOD SHORES
- La Quinta Inn, 501 FM 2147 West
- Worldmark, 755 Rocky Road (FM 2147)
- Bob’s Drive In (Exxon) on FM 2147
- Grease Monkey, 3907 FM 2147
- Julie’s Cocina, 4319 FM 2147
- PK Nails, 7405 FM 2147
- Subway, 4823 FM 2147
- 7-Eleven, 8000 FM 2147
- Horseshoe Bay Veterinary Clinic, 264072 Texas 71
- Spyke’s Bar-B-Que, 14601 RR 1431 West
- Wakepoint Convenience Store, 14757 RR 1431 West
- Satellite Station, 100 W. Chamberlain St.
- Kingsland Coffee (inside The Antlers Inn), 1001 King Ct.
- Subway, 1133 RR 1431
- Valentine Lakeside Resort, 814 Euel Moore
- Kingsland Water Supply, 1422 West Drive
- Buddie’s, 1621 RR 1431
- Mr. Gatti’s, 3501 W RR 1431
- El Bracero, 1516 RR 1431
- Kingsland Health Mart Pharmacy, 306 RM 2900
- The Place Downtown, 1910 RR 1431 West
- ACE Hardware, 2607 RR 1431 West
- Kingsland Health & Fitness, 2132 RR 1431 West
- Kingsland/Lake LBJ Chamber of Commerce, 1309 RR 1431
- Kingsland Hills Care Center, 3727 RR 1431 West
- Canyon of the Eagles, 16942 FM 2341 in Burnet
- Delaware Springs Golf Course, 600 Delaware Springs Blvd. in Burnet
- Trailblazer’s Grille, 216 S. Main St. in Burnet
- Unshakeable Grounds, 134 S. Main St. in Burnet
- Burnet Chamber of Commerce, 101 N. Pierce St., Suite 1
- Cecil Automotive, 2601 S. Water St. (U.S. 281) in Burnet
- YMCA of the Highland Lakes at Galloway-Hammond, 1601 S. Water St. (U.S. 281) in Burnet
- Ascension Seton Highland Lakes, 3201 S. Water St. (U.S. 281) in Burnet
- Looking Good, 1001 S. Water St. (U.S. 281) in Burnet
- Crazy Gal’s Restaurant, 414 Buchanan Drive (Texas 29) in Burnet
- Reese’s Truck Pieces, 610 Buchanan Drive (Texas 29) in Burnet
- Hill Country Auto Glass, 1100 Buchanan Drive (Texas 29) in Burnet
- B Dogs Nutrition Spot, 102 E. Polk St. (Texas 29) in Burnet
- Bill’s Burgers, 306 W. Polk St. (Texas 29) in Burnet
- Storm’s, 700 N. Water St. (U.S. 281) in Burnet
- Comfort Inn, 810 S. Water St. (U.S. 281) in Burnet,
- Country Oaks Assisted Living, 407 W. Jackson St. in Burnet
- The Oaks Nursing Home, 507 W. Jackson St. in Burnet
- Quick Brakes, 16211 Texas 29 East in Buchanan Dam
- Jesse James Real Estate, 18036 Texas 29 East in Buchanan Dam
- Lake Buchanan/Inks Lake Chamber of Commerce, 19611 Texas 29 East in Buchanan Dam
- Food Mart, 2045 RR 261 in Buchanan Dam
- Lakeshore Branch Library, 7346 RR 261 in Buchanan Dam
- J&S Quick Stop, 110 Frazier in Tow
- Buchanan General Store, 10240 Texas 29
- Big Chief RV Resort, 1420 FM 690
- Hoover Valley Cafe & Store on Park Road 4
- 2 Roosters RV Park, 1315 FM 1980
- Sunset Point Resort, 2322 N. Wirtz Dam Roaqd
- Cracker Barrel Grocery, 6836 RR 1431
- Rocky Top Food Mart, 6924 RR 1431 West
- Buck’s Convenience Store, 8201 RR 1431
- China Kitchen, 705 First St.
- Thread & Needle, 911 Ninth St.
- RE/MAX Marble Falls, 808 Ninth St.
- Marble Falls Visitors Center, 100 Avenue G
- Bear King Brewery, 207 Avenue G
- Holiday Inn, 714 Corazon Drive
- Mike’s Floor Coverings, 1804 RR 1431 West
- Blue Bonnet Cafe, 211 U.S. 281
- Wingman Oil Change, 2514 U.S. 281 North
- Baylor Scott & White, 800 and 810 Texas 71
- Jardin Corona, 301 Main St.
- Red box newsstand in Old Oak Square on Main Street
- Main Street Consignment, 216 Main St.
- Gateway Villa, 601 Steve Hawkins Parkway
- Hampton Inn, 704 First St.
- Marble Falls/Lake LBJ Chamber of Commerce, 916 Second St.
- Birdie’s Antiques, 706 Third St.
- Choccolatte’s, 807 Third St.
- Rae’s R-Bar Grill, 904 Third St.
- Zina & Co. Real Estate, 614 Seventh St.
- Dale Brown Properties, 206 Avenue H
- Claremont, 800 Claremont
- Poole Eye Associates, 10008 Falls Parkway
- Gateway Gardens, 605 Gateway Central
- Highland Lakes Veterinary Clinic, 1110 RR 1431
- Margarita’s, 1205 RR 1431
- Unleashed, 1110 RR 1431
- Lone Star Capitol Bank, 1001 RR 1431
- Numinous Coffee Roasters, 175 RR 1431
- Doc’s Fish Camp & Grill, 900 RR 1431 West at U.S. 281
- Kwik Chek #52, 1003 RR 1431 West
- CK Medical Spa, 1712 RR 1431 West
- Pottery Ranch, 6000 U.S. 281
- Kwik Chek #53, 1301 U.S. 281
- Wingman BBQ, 2407 U.S. 281
- Tea Thyme Cafe, 2108 U.S. 281
- Hill Country Inn, 1101 U.S. 281
- Marble Falls Athletic Club, 2312 U.S. 281
- Texan Credit, 1514 U.S. 281
- Quality Inn, 1206 U.S. 281 North
- Wingman Carwash, 2605 U.S. 281 North
- Best Western, 1403 U.S. 281 North
- Arbor House, 1801 King Road
- Service Title, 117 Main St
- Marble Falls Florist, 214 Main St.
- ReDid, 209 Main St.
- Highland Lakes Art Guild, 318 Main St.
- Granite Mesa, 1401 Max Copeland Drive
- Hill Country Nutrition, 1405 Mormon Mill
- Motel 6, 1400 Ollie Lane
- Louisiana Crab Shack, 602 Steve Hawkins Parkway
- Opie’s, 9504 Texas 71 East in Spicewood
- Spicewood General Store, 9418 Texas 71 East in Spicewood
ROUND MOUNTAIN/JOHNSON CITY
- Old Olie’s Outside, 10541 U.S. 281 North
- Big’s (Valero), 10541 U.S. 281
- Whittington’s, 602 U.S. 281 South
- El Agave, 408 U.S. 281 North
- Lone Star Capital Bank, 403 U.S. 281 South
- Best Western, 107 U.S. 281 South
- Fat Boy’s Burgers, 104 U.S. 281 South
- Hill Country Cupboard, 101 U.S. 281
- JC Liquors, 100 U.S. 281 South
- Johnson City Library, 501 Nugent Ave.
- Johnson City Chamber of Commerce, 100 E. Main St.
- Pecan Street Brewery, 106 E. Pecan Drive
- Harvest House, 506 N. Nugent
- Stripes, 901 Bessemer Ave.
- Stripes, 200 Texas 71
- Llano Chamber of Commerce, 100 Train Station Drive
- Fuel Coffee House, 106 E. Main St.
- Stonewall Pizza, 109 W. Main St.
- LanTex Theater, 113 W. Main St.
- Jesse James Real Estate, 500 W. Young St.
- Cooper’s BBQ, 604 W. Young St.
- Robinson Llano City RV Park, 101 Robinson Park Drive