After getting lots of positive feedback regarding the Summer Food Service Program, Burnet school district officials are extending most of the service into August.
Burnet Consolidated Independent School District set up five sites for the program. The locations include three spots where the summer meal program initially curtailed July 30, but the program has been extended until Aug. 13.
The BCISD summer meal program sites are:
- Shady Grove Elementary School, 111 Shady Grove in Burnet. Grab-and-go meals are available 11-11:30 a.m. Monday-Friday in the bus line through Aug. 13. This is a breakfast and lunch combination.
- Bertram Elementary School, 315 Main St. Grab-and-go meals are available 10:30-11 a.m. Monday for pickup through Aug. 13. The district is bundling five breakfasts and five lunches into one pickup.
- Hoover Valley Volunteer Fire Department, 303 CR 118B in Hoover’s Valley. Grab-and-go meals are available from noon to 12:30 p.m. Monday for pickup through Aug. 13. The district is bundling five breakfasts and five lunches into one pickup.
- Boys & Girls Club of the Highland Lakes-Burnet unit, 709 Northington. Breakfast is served 7:30-9 a.m. Monday-Friday. Lunch is served from noon to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday. Meals continue through Aug. 13. The club will be closed July 5.
- Burnet High School, 1000 Green Mile. Breakfast and lunch combinations served at 9:30 a.m. Monday-Thursday until July 29.
The meals are free to all youths 18 and younger. Children just need to show up at a participating site for a meal. At grab-and-go locations, the youth must be in the vehicle or the parent/guardian must provide the child’s birth certificate or student identification.
The program is supported by the Texas Department of Agriculture. Visit the summer food program website for more information or call/text 2-1-1.