Llano County is gradually getting closer to recouping some of the nearly $1.1 million it spent since October 2018 on flood debris removal.
County commissioners heard from the Texas Division of Emergency Management during their regular meeting April 22. With the flood declared a federal disaster, timelines for moving forward are coming into focus.
Once the county is assigned a Program Development manager, a list of damages will be compiled within 60 days.
The county can recoup up to 75 percent of the $1.1 million spent so far from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. That includes money spent on 11,203 cubic-yards of construction and demolition materials as well as on the cleanup of 7,988 cubic-yards of vegetative debris, according to Llano County.
In Llano County, the flood damaged 620 homes and destroyed 33.
Llano County-owned property damaged in the flood will be assessed in the coming weeks for a report on projects that could be funded from disaster relief funds.
Llano County Judge Ron Cunningham said the county has reported about 90 locations owned by the county that were damaged during the flood.
“Bear in mind, some of these locations are very likely different locations of damage on the same roadway and/or damaged low water crossings,” Cunningham said.
That’s why the full extent of damage will be determined in the coming weeks to compile an expected cost to repair roads and low water crossings.
“Within the next three weeks, we expect to be fully engaged with TDEM and FEMA and developing a comprehensive updated damage report,” Cunningham said.