Enjoy all your local news and sports for less than 6¢ per day.

Subscribe Now



  • Roof repair/replacement
  • ALL structural repairs
  • Mechanical system repairs
  • Electrical repairs
  • Plumbing repairs

All permit fees related to flood damages that occurred in October 2018 will be waived. It is the city’s goal to ensure any permitted work is built to safe building standards and codes adopted by the city of Marble Falls and completed to the quality that all residents and businesses deserve.

For properties within the city of Marble Falls where the floodwater level did not reach electrical outlets (generally 12-18 inches) and/or equipment, the Pedernales Electric Cooperative can be contacted directly at (830) 693-5525 to turn electricity service to the property back on. Where water levels did reach electrical outlets and/or equipment, the property owner must have an electrician verify the electrical system in the structure is safe in order to obtain an electrical permit, at no cost, from the city of Marble Falls, which will allow PEC to issue a waiver release and reactivate the electricity at that location.

If you are unclear as to whether or not your scope of work requires a permit, call the Development Services Office at (830) 798-7095 or come by 801 Fourth St.

City inspectors DO NOT do insurance claim assessments. Contact your insurance provider to report your claim.

If you hire a contractor, make sure they are insured and licensed and they get a permit from the city of Marble Falls.

Good advice when hiring a contractor:

1. Make yourself familiar with them before hiring them.

2. Investigate their background.

3. Do not pay for work that is not completed.

4. Do not sign a contract if you don’t understand the terms.

5. Make sure the contractor is licensed and bonded to do the work required.