Two charged with drawing gun on couple at Marble Falls Walgreens



MARBLE FALLS — After allegedly pulling a handgun on two victims outside Walgreens in Marble Falls, a Cottonwood Shores duo now faces aggravated assault charges.

Cottonwood Shores police arrested Maria Dilworth, 24, and Guy Cowen, 26, of Cottonwood Shores on Sept. 24 on warrants out of Marble Falls for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. The two were booked into the Burnet County Jail with bond set at $10,000 each.

The investigation actually began in April after a man and a woman reported to Marble Falls police that the two suspects had approached them at the movie-rental machine outside Walgreens, threatened them and pulled a handgun, according to an arrest warrant affidavit completed by Marble Falls Police Sgt. Tom Dillard.


According to the document, the two alleged victims were at the Redbox vending machine April 15 when the two suspects pulled into the parking lot. Cowen allegedly got out of his truck and confronted the male victim and threatened to beat him up.

During the investigation, police learned, a month before the Redbox incident, the two men argued after what the victim described as a “road-rage incident.”

While in the parking lot, the female suspect allegedly pulled a handgun and pointed it at the male victim. According to the affidavit, she also used a racial slur when threatening to kill him.

The female victim told police she heard the woman load the handgun, according to the affidavit.

After the threat, the two suspects left the scene.

In May, the male victim told Marble Falls police he had spotted the two suspects and the truck at a local laundry mat. An officer responded to the location and spoke with the two suspects. The male suspect acknowledged he knew what the officer was talking about when he referenced the Walgreens incident but denied pulling a handgun. The female suspect allegedly became upset with the officer when he was speaking with the two individuals, according to the affidavit.

In July, Dillard again made contact with the male victim, who confirmed the two people at the laundry mat were the two who approached him and his girlfriend outside Walgreens in April and threatened him.

Both suspects could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.