Highland Lakes golf pros to play all day for charity

SPECIAL TO THE PICAYUNE

HORSESHOE BAY — Five Highland Lakes golf professionals are participating in a golf marathon July 15 at Horseshoe Bay Resort to raise money for the Southern Texas Professional Golf Association Foundation.

Competing are Horseshoe Bay Resort director of golf Steve Hatch and Horseshoe Bay Resort pros Charlie Carswell, Corey Guillot, Len Zamora, Gary D. Parsons and Robert McCall. They will play six rounds of golf, which is 108 holes, starting at daybreak.

The foundation supports junior golf and scholarship programs in South Texas.

In addition to the foundation, the marathon also benefits the Highland Lakes Sertoma Club, the Boys & Girls Club of the Highland Lakes-Marble Falls unit, Big Brothers-Big Sisters of Austin, Habitat for Humanity and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

The STPGA Foundation will receive 70 percent of the money raised, and the remaining 30 percent will be donated, by the foundation, to the other charities.

The foundation serves more than 3,000 families by introducing children to golf and keeping them on course through high school. This year, it also awarded $64,000 in college scholarships to high school and college students.

All pledges and donations are 100 percent tax deductible and will be acknowledged by the STPGA Foundation.

To make a pledge, go to www.stpga.com and click on Charity Golf Summer.

editor@thepicayune.com