Support Community Press

You can show your support of a vibrant and healthy free press by becoming a voluntary subscriber.

Subscribe Now

Oven fire sparks scare in Marble Falls

Crews from Marble Falls Fire Rescue and Marble Falls Area EMS Inc. were called to the 1100 block of Hackberry Street about 1:30 p.m. Monday after an oven fire at the home burned out of control.

There was no serious damage, but firefighters used fans to blow smoke out of the residence while paramedics examined the residents, an elderly couple. Staff photo by Chris Porter